Partners In Education
Coming August 2017!
The Van Buren School District will help connect the community to classroom with the launch of its new Partners in Education program. Beginning in 2017-2018, local businesses, organizations, and individuals will have the opportunity to team up with an individual VBSD school to lend their support in the form of time, talent, and treasure.
The mission of the program is to pair local organizations with Van Buren schools to provide resources not otherwise available. It is designed to foster partnerships between businesses and schools through one outlet rather than numerous contacts between schools and local companies.
Who can partner with schools?
- Large corporations
- Small businesses
- Civic groups
- Non-profit organizations
What are some ways Partners can be involved?
- Read in a classroom
- Listen to students read
- Serve as a mentor or tutor
- Assist with campus beautification efforts or other projects
- Volunteer at school events, such as science fair, festivals, etc.
- Sponsor extracurricular activities, field trips, or special events
- Provide guest speakers related to curriculum areas
- Initiate teacher recognition programs
- And so much more!
What can schools provide to Partners?
- Provide choral entertainment at company events
- Have students write a column for company newsletter
- Share school and student successes through regular communications
- Send birthday cards to company employees from students and staff
- And so much more!
How can I learn more about being a Partner?
The Van Buren School District will host a Partners in Education “Back-to-School Kick-off” for participating businesses and schools in early August. Details will be announced mid-summer.
Click here for the Partners in application Partners In Education - Volunteer Forms.pdf
For more information, call Lisa Miller, Principal, Van Buren Freshman Academy at 479-471-3160, or Drew Cone, Director of Activities, VBSD, 479-474-7942.