VBSD Virtual Kindergarten Registration launches todayMonday, May 11, 2020 8:19 am
Parents can now complete the application and submit required forms online. Applicants must select to enroll at the elementary school for which they are zoned.
The following requirements have been set forth for all enrolling kindergarten students by the Van Buren School District and by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Students must be 5 years old on or before August 1st to be eligible for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
- Students must furnish documentation of a comprehensive physical examination. These physicals are available at local physician offices. The examination must have occurred within the last two years.
Two Van Buren clinics offer low-cost physical exams for students entering kindergarten:
- Sophia Meyer Medical, 822 Broadway Phone: 479-474-5061 Cost: $35
- Hamby & Hamby Family Wellness Clinic, 30 Northridge Dr. Phone: 479-922-9355 Cost: $25
Kindergarten enrollment is not complete until all of the following items (see below) have been submitted to VBSD. These can be submitted through the online portal. If forms can not be uploaded, they may also be mailed to the school or emailed the to the school principal. If a child is zoned to attend Oliver Springs Elementary School, forms can be emailed to Summer Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: VBSD Administration Building, 2221 Pointer Trail, Van Buren, AR 72956
- Up-to-date Immunization Record:
- 4 DTaP and 3 Polio doses, one of which was received after child’s 4th birthday
- 3 Hepatitis B vaccines
- 2 MMR’s, one of which was received on or after child’s 1st birthday
- 2 Varicella (chicken Pox vaccine), one of which were received on or after child’s 1st birthday
- 1 Dose of Hepatitis A, received on or after child’s 1st birthday
- Social Security Card
- An application for a social security card may be obtained from the Social Security Division, located at 4977 Old Greenwood Road in Fort Smith.
- Birth Certificate
- Legal document or hospital certificate citing child’s birth.
Comprehensive Physical Exam Forms for physicals are available online or at a local physician’s office.
Vaccinations can be completed at the following Van Buren locations:
- Crawford County Health Clinic, 2040 Chestnut (behind Baptist Health) Immunization appointments may be scheduled by calling 479-474-6391.
- Hamby & Hamby Family Wellness Clinic, 30 Northridge Drive No appointment is necessary if student arrives before 4 p.m. Call 479-922-9355 for more information.
For questions about the online registration process or required documentation, please contact the school where child is registering.