Kindergarten Registration- Friday, April 6, 2018Monday, February 26, 2018 3:08 pm
Kindergarten Registration will be held on Friday, April 6, 2018, at the elementary school zone in which you reside.
Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m.The following requirements have been set forth for all enrolling kindergarten students by the VanBuren School District and by the Arkansas Department of Education.
Students must be 5 years old on or before August 1st to be eligible for the 2018-2019 school year. Each student must furnish documentation of a comprehensive physical examination.
These physicals are available at various local physician and pediatrician offices. The examination must have been done within the last 2 years to be acceptable.
Several local clinics have agreed tofurnish physical exams for students entering kindergarten. The clinics and prices are listedbelow:
Sparks Urgent Care of Van Buren, 2521 Alma Hwy, (709-7020) $32
Sophia Meyer Medical, 822 Broadway, (474-5061) $35
Hamby & Hamby Family Wellness Clinic, 30 Northridge Dr., (922-9355) $25
Please remember your enrollment is not complete until all of the following items have been furnished to the school office:
1. Up-to-date Immunization Record. 4 DTaP and 3 Polio doses, one of which was received after the 4th birthday, 3 Hepatitis B vaccines, 2MMR’s which were received after the 1st birthday,
and 2 Varicella(chicken Pox vaccine) vaccines which were received after the 1stbirthday, 1 Dose of Hepatitis A, on or after 1st birthday.
2. Social Security Card. An application for a social security card may be obtained for the Social Security Division at 4977 Old Greenwood Road,Fort Smith.
3. Birth Certificate. Legal document or hospital certificate citing yourchild’s birth.
4. Comprehensive Physical Exam. Forms for physicals may be picked upin the school office and at most physician’s offices in the area.
5. Proof of Residency. Current utility bill or another similar item will beaccepted.
The Crawford County Health Clinic is located at 2040 Chestnut (behind Sparks Van Buren).You may schedule an appointment for immunizations by calling 474-6391.
We want to get your child off to a good start for the coming school years. In order for your childto receive the best possible education it is important to establish the good health of your child. Ifyou have any questions, please feel free to contact your child’s school.