The Role of Information Technology in Education:
In Van Buren School District, everyone will strive to become technologically
literate individuals pursuing the ability to be life-long learners.
All individuals will become successful in achieving their goals in
education, their personal lives, and their workplace by utilizing and
interacting with the technology environment. Users will master the
skills necessary to access, retrieve, store, and use information /
data throughout the district, community, nationally and internationally.
- The role of technology shall continue to be a key resource in the on-going education of students and staff, providing the ability to share resources and reduce costs, decrease redundant tasks, increase performance efficiency, and provide ongoing instruction to faculty members and students.
- Technology is a key element to increasing student interest and motivation. The classroom environment will provide technology based equipment to enhance and enrich the education of students.
- All curriculums will incorporate both traditional and innovative learning strategies.
- Skillful use of technology supports the development of process skills such as flexibility, adaptability, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration, which are essential to success in our rapidly changing information age.
- VBSD must prepare students for today's workplace and the workplace of the future.
- VBSD must prepare students to be life-long learners who are responsible for their own learning, skilled in accessing and processing information, confident in using technological tools, able to solve complex problems alone or collaboratively, capable of being creative and innovative, and able to communicate locally, nationally, and internationally.