Bus Drivers Needed
Our students are going places…help us get them there!
Bus drivers are essential to the Van Buren School District’s overall operations. Not only do they help ensure students get to and from school safely, but they also support extra-curricular activities and other academic opportunities.
The District is currently taking applications for drivers for daily school routes, as well as substitutes. Morning and afternoon routes typically average 45 minutes each.
- Starting pay for drivers is $32.41 per run or $64.82 per day for school routes.
- Employees receive credit for years’ experience, including time served as a driver in another district.
- Classified employees with a bachelor’s degree also receive a $1,500 annual stipend.
- Certified VBSD employees receive an additional $1,500 annual stipend.
- Flexible option for someone seeking part-time work and additional income.
- Ability to participate in Arkansas Teacher Retirement System.
- Eligible for $30,000 life insurance policy, at no cost to employee.
- Free short and long-term disability insurance coverage.
- Free admission for self and one guest into VBSD activities and games. (Must show District ID Badge.)
Bus drivers have the opportunity to interact with students each day. Many find great fulfillment in serving students and in helping support local education. VBSD values its drivers and the impact they have on our students and schools. Come be a part of our team!
Learn more about this rewarding job by calling 479-474-7942 or click to apply!