WHAT WE DO
Van Buren School District is committed to educations and support of children in our community. Some of our students and their families face critical nutritional deficits due to economic hardships. The IMPACTprogram is designed to provide assistance to fill that meal gap. For those dependent on school lunch programs, critical needs arise when school isn’t in session.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
Your support of IMPACT can make a real difference in the lives of our students and their families.
For more information about IMPACT, to volunteer, or to help with funding, contact:
Tom Watkins 479.471.4017 or 479.414.8976 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a cash or non-perishable food donation as a co-sponsor of IMPACT
- Volunteer time to help with food pack preparation and distribution
- Volunteer time or make donations for IMPACT fundraising activities
THE NEED FOR IMPACT:
- More than 600 students currently receive some food assistance outside school days via existing programs.
- Van Buren School District currently has more than one hundred students enrolled who are classified as homeless.
- Van Buren School District’s free and reduced school lunch percentage is now at 65%.
- Approximately 40% of students below the age of thirteen live at or below the poverty level.
Download our brocure here.brochure.pdf