WHAT WE DO
Van Buren School District is committed to education and support of children in our community. Some of our students and their families face critical nutritional deficits due to economic hardships. The IMPACT program is designed to provide assistance to fill that meal gap. For those dependent on school lunch programs, critical needs arise when school isn’t in session.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
Your support of IMPACT can make a real difference in the lives of our students and their families.
For more information about IMPACT, to volunteer, or to help with funding, contact:
Steve Davis, (479) 474-7404 or by email, email@example.com
- Provide a cash or non-perishable food donation as a co-sponsor of IMPACT
- Volunteer time to help with food pack preparation and distribution
- Volunteer time or make donations for IMPACT fundraising activities
THE NEED FOR IMPACT:
- More than 460 students currently receive some food assistance outside school days via existing programs.
- Van Buren School District currently has approximately 60 students enrolled who are classified as homeless.
- Van Buren School District’s free and reduced school lunch percentage is now at 60%.
- Approximately 40% of students below the age of thirteen live at or below the poverty level.